Friday, March 09, 2007

Essentials for Preggy Moms & Babies

Seeing that I'll be a first time mom, I decided to do some research on the items that I'll be needing for my baby. My other preggy friends had told me to start buying the items for my baby before my seventh month cos 1. in case I have to give birth prematurely (I hope not) 2. once I am in the third trimester, I'll be more tired and "heavier" and shopping will be quite an inconvenient.

Anyway, I want to share the list of essential items that preggy moms should get:

A. Clothing

Baby abdominal binder - 5
Swaddling cloth - 4
Hat - 2
Mittens - 5
Booties - 5
Short pants - 3
Long pants - 3
Short sleeved shirt (button) - 2
Short sleeved shirt (side-tying) - 2
Long sleeved shirt (button) - 2
Long sleeved shirt (side-tying) - 2
Romper (short sleeved) - 4
Romper (long sleeved) - 2
Socks - 5

B. Sleeping

Baby Cot/Playpen - 1 (I am considering getting the baby cot cum playpen as it's more cost-effective)
Baby pillow - 2
Bolster - 2
Bedding sets - 2
Blanket - 1
Mattress - 1
Waterproof sheet - 1

C. Daily Essentials

Baby wet wipes
Baby detergent
Bottle brush - 1
Diaper
Milk powder container
Teats - 2
Pacifier - 2
Feeding bottle - 3
Bottle warmer -2
Ear thermometer - 1
Fever cool plaster
Changing mat - 1
Steam steriliser - 1
Sterilising tablets

D. Bathing

Nappy rash cream
Baby shampoo
Baby bath gel
Bath towel
Face towel
Bath mat
Baby powder
Bath sponge
Bath tub
Baby lotion/oil
Miniature set of bath essentials - for travelling or to put at caretaker's place

E. Breast Feeding

Breast pump - 1 (manual/electric)
Disposable breast pad
Nipple cream/Breast care gel
Breastmilk storage bag
Stretch mark cream

F. Travelling
Baby carrier

Baby stroller (I plan to get a lightweight stroller and am considering brands like Combi and BabyCraft cos' they are cheap, light and durable -- cost less than $200)
Diaper bag
Feeding set
Travel changing mat

I hope the list is useful. Do let me know if I miss out on any other important items. Happy shopping! :)

No comments: