Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Personal Respomse....

This post is a personal response to two posts made by a certain someone dated on 20 June 2007 - the person in question would know who she is.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for "giving a face" when she gave me a suggestion. But I had my reason for it. The reason might not justify the action but nonetheless it is a reason. The story goes like this:

The person in question had requested that we hold a certain event at our place instead of another (the request did not come from her personally but through another source. I would have appreciated it if she had told me herself cos' I know she would have expected the same from us). Anyway, even though it would be quite cumbersome to have the event at our place (transporting the food over, cleaning up after, etc), we agreed to her request as we really want to make things easier for her and in her favour cos' we respect her and care for her. So, after making arrangements to have the venue changed, she suggested, on another day, that we change the itinerary for the event and have a simpler one. Those who know me well would know that I don't like last minute changes to my plans so you can imagine my reaction (i.e. "the face") at having adviced to change my plan, after I already made one major change (i.e. the venue). There, that's my reason for making the face. Like I said it might not be justifiable but it is MY reason.

Also, as my family and friends would know, I am one who can't be angry or displeased about something or at someone for long. In fact, I had forgotten about this "making of the face" issue until I saw it on the person's blog this morning. Imagine my surprise! No wonder she had not come around to visit us lately (it would have been exactly a week today since her last visit); was cold towards me when I called her; and didnt reply my SMS.

Anyhow, I would have thought she would tell me how she felt about the issue to me in person and not let me discover it in her blog. In any case, since she had used her blog as an outlet to let me know about this issue, I feel it is apt to do likewise, here. I hope she accepts my apology cos' I know she is not a petty person and is very forgiving. I would also like to let her know that I appreciate all the advices that she gives and hopes that she continues to do so.

But just to highlight one matter, the event in question, although is largely influence by the Malay culture, is not against Islam's practices. I lifted this information from the Muis website: "Majlis kenduri atau bacaan maulid berzanji yang diadakan serentak dengan majlis mencukur rambut itu tidaklah menyalahi peraturan syariat. Akan tetapi perbuatan menabur beras kunyit, wang, bertih serta memasukkan potongan rambut itu ke dalam mangkuk atau kelapa muda adalah perbuatan khurafat." So be rest assured, we won't have the berat kunyit, wang, bertih, etc, during the event.

No comments: